https://www.columbusmetro.org. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 is a Worldwide
Web Consortium (W3C) recommendation.
The website has been tested with assistive technologies including screen reading and
magnification software. Usability issues were also taken into consideration, exceeding
standard accessibility standards.
Summary of Accessibility Features
- Role attributes are provided to indicate page sections
- All images and other non-text elements have alternative text associated with them
- Color contrast has been adjusted to adhere to WCAG 2.0 AA standards
- The title attribute has been used to make linked text more meaningful or to indicate if the link opens a new browser window
- Page language has been set to English (United States)
- Forms are associated with labels and instructions on filling in forms are available to screen reader users
- Aria labels have been added to indicate PDF to screen reader users